Students applying for NSP for the first time need to “register” on the portal as a fresh applicant, by providing accurate and authentic information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”.
Before starting the registration process, students are advised to keep their educational and other documents such as Aadhaar number, enrollment number, bank passbook etc. in hand.
To help the students, a brief description of the registration form field is given below:
1. Domicile State – Domicile state means the state in which students have a permanent address. Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application ID” assigned to them will be based on the domicile state and once allotted it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
This application ID will be used as a “login ID” on the portal and also for future references.
2. Scholarship Category – Scholarship schemes are divided into four major categories. Students have to choose the respective category based on their class / course in which they are studying. These categories are given below:
2.1 Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme – This National Scholarship Portal scheme is for the students studying from class 1 to class 10.
2.2 Post – Matric Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying 11th, 12th and above in which ITI, B.Sc, B. Comm., B. The courses include Tech, Medical etc.
2.3 Top Class Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying in top tier colleges across India such as IIT and IIM.
2.4 Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students pursuing technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
3. Student Name – Provide the name as printed name in the educational certificates for the students applying for post matriculation, top class and MCM scholarship scheme.
4. Date of Birth (DOB) – For students applying for post matriculation, top class and MCM scholarship scheme, provide their educational certificate date of birth as per better class 10th certificate.
5. Mobile Number – Provide the correct and certified mobile number, as all communication and authentication related to portal activities will be sent to this mobile number.
In case of post matriculation, top class and MCM scholarship scheme there should be a registration with a mobile number.
Whereas for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme, where students do not have mobile number, they can provide mobile number to their parents, however, parent mobile can only be provided for two scholarship applications, even if What is the number of children.
6. Email ID – Provide the correct and authenticated mobile number, as all communication and authentication related to portal activities will be sent to their email ID.
7. Identification details – Select the information in this field and provide it very wisely. Students are given three parameters for identification such as:
7.1 Aadhaar Number – If students select an Aadhaar number as an identifier, they will have to provide their name and a 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on the Aadhaar card. Students who have an Aadhaar number are advised to register with the Aadhaar number, as the preference will be given to the Aadhar-eligible students at the time of disbursement of the scholarship. With this, students will be able to deposit scholarship amount directly from Aadhaar Link Bank account through Aadhaar Payment Bridge (ABP) in fast track mode.
7.2 Bank Account – If students select a bank account as an identifier, print the bank branch IFSC code, active bank account number and bank name on their bank passbook. Students will also have to upload a copy of their bank passbook.
In case of post matriculation, top class and MCM scholarship scheme, one registration should be done with a bank account number.
Whereas for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme, where students do not have their bank account number, they can provide their parents account number, however, the parent account number can be provided for only two scholarship applications , Regardless of the number of children.
In addition, when students use a bank account as an identification, they will have to provide “Aadhaar Enrollment ID” and upload a scan copy of the same. However, when the students get their Aadhaar number they should update in the portal itself.
1. The login ID and password for logging into the NSP portal will be your application ID and DOB respectively. You are essentially advised to change your password at the first login for security purposes.
2.Students are advised to submit only “one application form”. If students submit more than one application form, all applications submitted by students will be considered “duplicates” and will be “rejected”.
3. Students are advised to provide “annual family income” as per the income certificate issued by the competent authority in their scholarship application.